FFmpeg Code to convert to WMV

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Hi,
trying to found a solution about this problem, i came across this ffmpeg code to convert a flv file to wmv.

ffmpeg -i movie.flv -vcodec wmv1 -acodec adpcm_ima_wav movie.wmv

i've tried it and it goes.
I've read also about some audio problems, about this conversion code, but i have see only the video result and not listen the audio.

Now it could be interesting to know how to use it with this wrapper.

Genko.

ffmpeg -i movie.flv -vcodec wmv1 -acodec adpcm_ima_wav movie.wmv
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM

well, the wrapper should support it. however, wmv is a proprietary Microsoft codec. Some versions of ffmpeg support it, but most of the autobuilds for Windows does not. That is where a lot of people have problems with the audio. May i ask what purpose you have for wanting to use the WMV container and codecs? Myself, i tend to use matroska for a container and use h.264 for the video.

As for using it. You could just add it in. ie, modify the source code a bit. If i have a bit of free time this week ill add it in and test it, see if it works and add and example..

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Hi Chumney,
it's a long story, i'm trying to develop an application that need to show any type of video.
So i've started with the try to embed the vlc activex in my vb.net application, but for this activex there isn't a really examples on how to use it in visual basic, and all my try had always a lot of problems.
Sometimes the video doesn' start, sometimes doesn't stop, sometime i take a bluescreen on its istance dispose.....
Now i'm trying again with libvlcnet-0.3.1.0-bin-net-2.0, but it's only another try.

So looking on the net i've found this wrapper.
The target is to give in input to this wrapper any kind of remote video files and receive in output, giving it to the client's ocx windows media player, a wvm video file.... all in real time...
I know that it's difficoult but i've to try this way too.
I you have any better idea about a new other solution, i'm here in wait.

Thanks in advance.

Genko.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>14</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning /> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables /> <w:SnapToGridInCell /> <w:WrapTextWithPunct /> <w:UseAsianBreakRules /> <w:DontGrowAutofit /> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <mce:style><! /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabella normale"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} --> <!--[endif]-->

Ma andate a fare in culo voi e queste troie arrampicatrici sociali, senza scrupoli prive di ogni dignita morale e capacita' professionale benche' minima.

e' anche per colpa di queste puttane zoccole che il mondo fa sempre piu' schifo (per non dire che va a puttane).

si vendono per soldi e per soldi farebbero di tutto, non c'e' nessuna differenza tra loro e chi fa altre porcate per denaro, perche' tanto lo farebbero anche loro.

prima o poi passerete alla cassa e alla cassa ci saro io.

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hi Greg,
I've added the manage of the wmv and swf files to the encoder.

i'll try them tomorrow.

Bye.

Genko.