using this project for video chat application

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Dear Greg,

I just came across this and this seems to suite my application of video chatting. Currently I developed it in visual C# and encoding method is jpeg. I am trying to implement the h264 encoding for the video. I haven't even started yet, but if you have any idea on if this project can be used for live video streaming applications, please let me know. Thank you so much for your efforts and great job!

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Good question! This project is very old, and more than likely wont do what you need. If you work with C or Cpp it may be easier to use libav to trans-code a live feed. There are some really great tutorials on using ffmpeg/libav to create a video player. You can then use that to get an idea how to use the trans-coding. Or... You could use it as a webcam recorder.. That should work by a little modification and just using the camera as an input(instead of file to encode). But sorry, I don't even have the stuff to even test out any theory's sadly enough.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Hey thank you Greg. I get what you mean. I will do more research on it then. Appreciate your reply.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Edited Aug 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Hi Greg,

I was trying to call the dll that you created from my WPF C# project. I referenced the FFlib.dll and added the ffmpeg.exe in the resource directory. After that I used the folowing code. It creates a file with '0' size. Sorry for asking this since I am a newbee in programming. Could you see if i am using it in the right way? If you are busy with something else, please don't bother about this.

Thank you!

FFLib.Encoder newcoder = new FFLib.Encoder();

private void button1_Click_1(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            newcoder.SourceFile="C:\\Users\\Public\\Videos\\Sample Videos\\Wildlife.wmv";
            newcoder.Video_Codec = newcoder.Vcodec_h264;
            newcoder.Format = newcoder.Format_FLV ;
            newcoder.VideoBitrate = "1200k";
            newcoder.OutputPath="C:\\Users\\Public\\Videos\\Sample Videos\\";
            newcoder.Filename = "encoded.flv";
            newcoder.Encode();
        }

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Sorry I havn't really had time to check it out. But One thing I would check is make sure you set the newcoder.SourceFile="C:\\Users\\Public\\Videos\\Sample Videos\\Wildlife.wmv"; before you call the newcoder's Encode(); method.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Hi Greg,

Thank you for the reply. I managed to get it working and I am able to compress it to a much smaller sized avi file using h264. Now I am working on getting it to take it video frames directly from my webcam and compress with h264 codec.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM
That is awesome! I hope it helped and it turns out great!

Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

----- Reply message -----